Never underestimate the power of a fresh, crunchy slaw because it’s as vibrant as it is multipurpose. This one works wonderfully alongside any dish, but it really shines against the Spice-Rubbed Oven Pulled Pork in sandwiches.
Serves | 8 to 10 |
- ¹⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¹⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1½ Tbsp poppyseeds
Rainbow Vegetable-Herb Slaw
- ½ head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small head napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 cups peeled and matchstick-sized jicama
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ¾ cup loosely packed, roughly chopped fresh parsley
| Preparation – Poppyseed Dressing | Combine all ingredients except poppyseeds in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Stir in poppyseeds until evenly distributed. Cover and transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour.
| Preparation – Rainbow Vegetable-Herb Slaw | Combine red and green cabbage, carrots and jicama in a large bowl; add half of the poppyseed dressing and toss until coated, adding more as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
| To Serve | Add scallions and parsley to slaw; toss to incorporate and check seasoning again. Serve immediately on Spice-Rubbed Oven Pulled Pork sandwiches or as a side.